• Bio control and hand cultivation
• Family vineyards owned by local vinegrowers
• Selected vineyards in Sierra de Algairén
• Avg. altitude between 450 and 725 metres
• Controlled yielding, always under 8,500 kg /Ha
Bodem, meaning “soil” in Dutch, truly symbolizes the origin of this winery raised and funded by the family Geirnaerdt-van Ekeris. After more than 25
years living and working for Spanish wine, the Dutch family finally found in Cariñena the place where they really feel connected to. That’s why this is not
only a winery but a firm commitment to Spanish wine, to the Garnacha grape and ultimately, to a dream.
Marga slopes in “Sierra de Algairén”. Wild, arid and eroded soils where the elegant Garnacha finds out its petite paradise. Garnacha’s grown in Cariñena even before the 3rd century B.C. It is the great unknown outside Spain; the forgotten cradle and birth place of Garnacha grape.
An arid climate and stony soils provide what Garnacha grape needs: plenty of sun and just enough minerals. Las Margas wine reflects all of that. Warm
and ripe fruit driven flavours, complexity built up in several layers, the right freshness and a soft texture, resulting in a vibrant and generous wine.
• Vinification in 2 batches
• Fermentation of entire grape clusters including their own stems.
• The rest undergoes destemming, 5-day maceration and fermentation with autochthonous yeasts.
• Ageing in 3 batches
• 25 percent of the wine ages in oak
• Other 25 percent ages in ovoid deposits
• The remaining 50 percent ages in traditional deposits
• Final blending, during the spring
Serve at 13-15ºC. Las Margas is your perfect after-work reward! Enjoy it as aperitif or with your favourite meals! Perfect companion of vegan protein-based dishes such as tofu, quinoa or beans.