Prados Privé is the first and only top-end Syrah-based wine of Campo de Borja. A brilliant red wine: round, deep and elegant. It ages during 12 months in new French oak. Its careful artisanal elaboration in open vats results in an impeccable finish. It’s simply superb. Drink now or keep it for the most special occasions.
You will enjoy… the impossible balance between opulence and freshness. Balsamic freshness, perfume of flowers and garrige live in harmony with the depth of roasting and spices.
Out of curiosity… the name “Prados” touches upon the meadows (Aka. prados) that literally surround the terroir which Syrah grapes come from.
Did you know that…? Its gorgeous finish gives Prados a life expanse of 5 to 6 years. Drink it now or keep it carefully for special moments.
Bodega Pagos del Moncayo
• La Loma in Bisimbre (low-altitude zone of Campo de Borja).
• Avg. 350-450 metres high.
• BIO cultivation and controlled low yielding (6,000 kg/Ha) by discarding 50% of the grape bunches to ensure maximum quality of the remaining grapes.
• Selection of the best grapes of a Pago-like area in the vineyard.
Given that the Aibars were the first to work with Syrah grapes in the region, it’s not surprising that Prados Privé is the flagship wine of Bodega Pagos del Moncayo. It reflects like no other wine, the family’s pioneering character and their bet on Syrah grape. It is a unique wine from a very particular winery that awoke traditional winemaking in Spain and made the most of the so called “less is more” to the point that turned into the core model of sustainable winemaking in the European Union.
Gonzalo Marchant (Chile)
Deep purple colour with aromas of fresh thyme and rosemary permeated from the neighboring meadows (AKA Prados). On the palate this is a big, impressive wine, pure ripe fruit: silky, tasty and dense. It is spiced up with soft tones of oak and balanced with ideal acidity. Superb, long and generous finish.
• Limited edition.
• Manual harvest and use of small boxes of less than 19 kg.
• Maceration and alcoholic fermentation at low temperature in open vats holding up to 3 tons, during 1 week.
• Traditional and pampered grape crush by feet in open vats to get the best character of the free run juice and minimize damage of skins and pips.
• Malolactic fermentation in oak.
New French oak
Potential save of 5-6 years in proper conditions
A pure pleasure by its own or as accompaniment to ‘haute cuisine’.
Gold Medal, Monde Selection 2014, vintage 2012
95 Points, Guía Proensa 2017, vintage 2014
95 Points, Anuario de Vinos El País 2017, vintage 2014
94 Points, Guía Gourmets 2018, vintage 2016
93 Points, Wine Enthusiast August 2014, vintage 2012
“The combination of a truly expressive grape selection and winemaking practices based on environmental respect shapes the sensorial geometry of this red that ages during 12 months in French oak: ripe fruit dipped in balsamic freshness with ethereal perfume of flowers and garrige together with the depth of roasting and spices. Tasty and powerful. A warm and fresh fruity hug to the palate.”
Carlos Delgado, El País (Spain)